Still confused about Adult Immunization coverage? Wonder why patients are frustrated or confused with costs of immunizations with co-pays, etc. and don’t get immunized?
Medscape Nurses Education has a 30-minute video from national physician leaders on “Expanding Access to Vaccines for the Older Adult” to look at the big picture across settings and related to upcoming payment changes from the Affordable Care Act.
There are also FREE contact hours for continuing nursing education for RNs and APNs (accredited though the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation) – 0.50 contact hours.
The video references a variety of information and resources that are already included in HHQI’s Immunization & Infection Prevention BPIP:
- Influenza Vaccine Recommendations (pp. 6-7)
- Influenza Payment Coverage (pp. 7 & 36)
- Pneumonia Vaccine Recommendations (p. 12-13)
- Pneumonia Payment Coverage (pp. 13 & 36)
- Standing Orders Regulations (pp. 22, & 34-35)
- 10 common Flu Myths (p. 39)
- CDC Patient Tools to Promote Immunization (p. 48)