This upcoming educational opportunity from Million Hearts® complements HHQI’s recently released Cardiovascular Health Part 1 Best Practice Intervention Package on aspirin therapy and blood pressure control.
Be sure to share this webinar with your community providers so all can benefit from this session. This would be great information to include with your announcement informing the community that your agency is now actively addressing the ABCS of the Million Hearts® initiative: Aspirin as appropriate, Blood pressure control, Cholesterol management, and Smoking cessation.
This program is approved for 1.0 contact hour of Continuing Education (CE) by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) and was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies and AANP Commercial Support Standards.
Nurse Practioners and Million Hearts®:
Partnering to Achieve Blood Pressure Control for the Nation
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
6:00 – 7:30pm EDT
Click here to register.
This webinar will show how nurse practitioners are achieving excellence in detecting and controlling hypertension using proven strategies and engaging in patient and family-centered care.
Target Audience: Nurse practitioners, nurses, physician’s assistants, physicians and pharmacists treating patients with hypertension
During this webinar, speakers will discuss the following topics:
- Empowering patients and families to Detect-Connect-Control the numbers (Self-Measured Blood Pressure Monitoring)
- Empowering Nurse Practitioners to act on the numbers
- Managing hypertension—lifestyle changes combined with medications and strategies for medication adherence
- Empowering faith based organizations to educate the public about the importance of blood pressure control and to detect-connect-control hypertension for members of the congregation
Guest Panelists Include:
- Susan K. Laird, MSN, RN, Director, CDC Education and Learning Initiative: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Janet Wright, MD, FACC, Executive Director, Million Hearts®, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Brett B. Snodgrass, MSN, APRN, FNP-C, Family Nurse Practitioner Comprehensive Primary Care
- Mary Ellen Roberts, DNP, RN, APN, FAANP, FAAN, Assistant Professor and Director, Doctor of Nursing Practice Program, Seton Hall University